Tuesday 4 January 2022

The Green Knight

The rest of this week I am, somewhat selfishly, devoting mostly to 'me time'. The Christmas break is over for sure, but after a long spell if working and being around a lot of people recently I really wanted to just do the things I want to do. Catching up on games, films etc - that way I can get it all out of my system before I commit to doing some fun working from home style jobs like I did on furlough.

By that token, I wanted to get through some films on my watchlist and The Green Night was the lucky one today. Really digged it. A lot of film adaptations of very old texts try to jazz up a lot of the plot to make it more digestable, but I loved it's Beowulf-like flavor - that classical style of story that's been almost lost to time. Really embraced the look of the outdoors too, trees are photographed very handsomely, nor does anything look too polished. Though I could see why some people would find it long, I was swept up in it and went along with Dev Patel along every step of his quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment