Friday 7 January 2022

The Gravy Man

A few year back I somehow got hyped up as 'The Gravy Man' within Rebecca's family circle. Though my technique for getting the most out of Bisto is good and foolproof, I'd hardly say I was anywhere close to being a gravy god. I was asked to rustle up some gravy for some of their friends for an adult dinner party, you know, the kind where you bring your A-game to the table. Long story short, I mucked up my fool proof recipe and ended up giving everyone gravy so thin you could still use it to brew tea with. The mantle of Gravy Man was short lived and to this day I still cringe at the memory. Tomorrow is the redemption though.

Not with gravy mind, but with tiramisu. Something I actually can contend with and whip up a decent batch of - the last lot I made was a knockout success, all I had to do was replicate it... Easy right? Groan. Somehow I forgot half of my special technique, the part where you soak the sponge fingers in yummy slurry. Only the slurry was far from yummy, I had to get Rebecca down for a second opinion and her wince said it all. Between the two of us we managed to remember where I went wrong and was just about able to remedy it. I made a HUGE batch of pudding and there's my gastro redemption on line here so I just wanted it to be perfect. Hours later, the kitchen was a mess and I was emotionally drained, I just hope it turns out ok tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment