Monday 31 January 2022

Dust-Caked CV

Dusted off my old laptop and waited 15 minutes for it to boot up properly. All beacuse I left my CV template on it's hard drive and I was in the mood to update my credentials. Been a whole year since I last touched my CV, previous jobs just let me on with a wink and a smile, but going forward it's good to have a new one at the ready... At least these were all the motivational things I was telling myself moments before realizing I hate writing CV's. I just never know what to put in a lot of the boxes and spend ages labouring over the perfect word combination to upsell myself. Years ago I'd always find myself 'overmachining' my language until grammar was abandoned in favour of corporate-pleaseing drivel. Today still took a while but I was genuinely pleased with the result, I even shot it off to a prospective hirer - just have to wait and see now.

No comments:

Post a Comment