Sunday 14 April 2024

Late Sunday Lasagna

A lasagna awaited us at Louis and Rachel's, how could we refuse a lunch at theirs? So for the first genuinely Summery day of April we all headed to the garden center and to start planning our season. I almost walked out with a couple of pumpkin planters but folded at the last minute - this was just a recce afterall, if I truly believe I'm ready to care for a pumpkin I'll be back out there in a flash. The rest of the afternoon was spent huddled around Louis' new emulator machine. We passed the controller on Super Mario Bros 3, each of us howling in disbelief whenever our fingers betrayed our intentions and let poor Mario die. 

The Sunday niggle squirmed back into my brain a little later on, that thought that poisons your good vibes, the ying to Fri-yays yang. What does next week hold in store? Lunches, research, emails and spreadsheets. The lasagna we enjoyed only served to remind me of Garfield's favourite quote...

No comments:

Post a Comment