Sunday 4 August 2024

Margarita Moggie

That 5th pint last night was a mistake. I got up in slow motion, feeling like I was puppeteering my limbs from another planet. I flicked the kettle on, then immediately felt queezy so I did the Men's 20 Meter Sprint up to the toilet. Luckily the feeling passed, but I still just wanted to wallow on the sofa, feeling sorry for myself. From the couch I have a great view of the garden, in particular the wall where the cat hops up and down after her exploits. From the corner of my eye I saw her returning home carrying a 'present' in her mouth. Rebecca burst into action, locking the cat flap with milliseconds to spare. On closer inspection, this was also a false alarm. Rather than a mouse, the cat brought home a slice of margarita pizza - perhaps we could train her to home her skills.

I felt much better after a coffee though so I was spry and ready to go hang out with some friends visiting Bristol. During our walk around the harbour side we kept bigging up a great place we wanted to take them to lunch. The hype was building, only for the restaurant to be closed. Hearts were broken but quick thinking saved our stomachs and poke bowls stepped in. I felt just right enough for a shandy at a nearby pub plus some board games, basically had the ideal hangout day in Bristol.

While Rebecca is back to work tomorrow I still have the whole of next week off to enjoy a 'staycation'. I'm lining up the movies because I want to make the most of my time off.

No comments:

Post a Comment