Saturday 10 August 2024

Night Glow

I'm currently reading a book about narrative and storytelling and today's chapter was all about managing coincidences and surprises. Basically, happenstance is the spice of everyone's day to day - a rouge email or a telephone call often changes everyone's day so people can relate to some odd occurrences in a story. When Rebecca and I went to Bristol's Night Glow, an event housing easily 5000 plus people I couldn't believe my eyes when I bumped into a Uni course mate I hadn't seen since graduation. Such a small world.

Irrespective of that coincidence, I've had a jolly big fill of hot air balloons today. The evening ascent followed by the night glow - it's a big deal for Bristol and it was fun to finally be a part of it. The running joke is I'm always busy or the event has been cancelled, so 8 years after moving here it felt right to at long last fill my eyes with a sky full of balloons.

No comments:

Post a Comment