Saturday 17 August 2024

Walking Tour of London

Accidentally slept in for a bit longer than I had anticipated - turns out my body needed the extra few hours before heading into the Big Smoke. For Rebecca's Mum's birthday we did a walking tour of London. There were no guides however, we just followed her around her old neighbourhood as she told us about the houses she remembered visiting for Christmases long past and the office block she worked at for 14 years. Central London is culturally tectonic with business, brands and buildings changing every year so it was endearing to hear how the geography of a certain pocket of the city stayed familiar.

A lot of the day was spent of public transport and I felt myself slowly nodding off. The rocking of buses and the soothing sound of the city lulled me back into a sleepy stupor. Guess I still need a bit more shut eye before I'm 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment