Sunday 25 August 2024

Washing or Baking

It'd been a while since I saw Louis so I wanted to do something nice for him and Rachel. With it being Sunday as the Summer heat is slowly slipping away, it was high time for a Sunday roast. It has been so long since I'd done one I'd almost forgotten the steps myself though I had a firm memory on how to do the potatoes. All I needed was a secret ingredient: bicarbonate of soda. Alas, I used all of ours up the other week to clean out all that mould growing on our carpet, though Rebecca enthusiastically revealed that she bought some from a refill shop. I dug around the cupboard to find a small, unmarked jar full of white powder. Rebecca was adamant that it was either baking soda... Or laundry soda... Guess we got lucky because we're all still alive after ingesting that mysterious white stuff and I got plenty of kudos for the potatoes themselves. Nothing like the flavor of gravy to onset the Sunday blues... 'cept I got tomorrow off for a bank holiday too!

No comments:

Post a Comment