Friday 2 August 2024

One Last Dip

Our second guests down to the Bournemouth house were Rebecca's folks. These guys joined us for our final full day of our holiday which we spent revisiting the town center for one last wistful look over our shoulder at the golden sands and foamy seaside. Rebecca and I dipped our feet in one last time, she didn't want the moment to end as it was a mark of an ending, but all good things...

We prepped one last meal for everyone, trying to use up what we could from our counter top of leftovers. We still had plenty of strawberries and cream leftover for pudding too which was great. In a bid to create some whipped cream I grabbed 2 forks in place of a whisk and applied some elbow grease. 

I'm projecting an image of maturity by being rational about the holiday drawing to an end, mostly to make Rebecca feel better. Deep down I'm also hurting. Luckily I have another week off before I'm back to the grind but this has been such a lovely getaway it'll be sad to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment