Tuesday 6 March 2012

Back to year 1

Today we headed off in the direction of a nearby primary school to study the spoken language of little children, this typically involved us sitting down and observing class time as the teacher spoke to the class and in other instances we were engaging in small activities. In one class I was asked to eat of of the 'pizza and biscuits' they made for me, I was reminded of the bitter saltiness of Playdough as I took a bite. 

I was feeling a little bit glum and pessimistic this evening but that didn't stop me from watching the latest Woody Allen film: Midnight in Paris. Oh man, everybody knows when they have seen a good movie when they cannot immediately explain why they liked it, I just came away from it with a smile on my face knowing that it just did everything the film needed to do. It is most easily comparable with Manhattan as it is a film about being in love with a location, and, also in this film, a time period which is something everyone can relate to positively. The characters are quite entertaining and the dialogue speaks of something more meaningful than other modern American films. In two words: wonderfully charming.

No comments:

Post a Comment