Thursday 1 March 2012

M

I realised that it was a really nice day when I came home from school so I did something I haven't done in ages, sit outside and read a book. It was quite refreshing and relaxing sitting there with my chickens and sipping coffee, then it got a bit nippy so I went inside. We were also in for a unexpected disaster in the kitchen as one of the cupboard shelves decided it had enough and collapsed, smashing Mum's favourite Pyrex bowl for serving apple crumble. There was glass absolutely everywhere, in some places it had practically been reduced to silver dust and I had to spend a good part of 10 minutes sweeping up the stuff.

Since we have been watching Metropolis in Film I found it appropriate to watch Fritz Lang's supposed masterpiece: M. It was quite possibly one of the hardest movies I have ever had to sit through, it moved at an incredibly slow pace and none of the conversations were particularly interesting. Finally, it did get good in the final Kangaroo Court scene is the best moment of the film but every other moment is just so contrived. I feel kinda bad not liking it very much as I thought I would really enjoy it, can't win them all I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment