Wednesday 7 March 2012

Looking good?

Got Mark to watch The Night of the Hunter with me, one of my favourite horror films, he said he enjoyed it and I was reminded just how evil the preacher was, quite possibly the film I will review next. Otherwise today was pretty good and I found out that I look good in grey shirts.

What I would consider a hamper on an otherwise good day was my viewing experience of Matha Marcy May Marlene. First of all Louis was making a scene by pestering us for money to buy some jelly babies, admittedly that was kinda funny. However, one thing that was pretty bad was the guy behind us kept sighing very loudly in disapproval whenever there was an especially bleak moment, which there were plenty of. I know it was intentionally trying to be non descriptive but because I was aware of that I felt they tried too hard to leave too much unspoken, this didn't cause a debate winthin me but just frustration. If you liked Winter's Bone then you will probably like this and I recommend you go and see it simply because you probably havn't seen a film like this, if you like it then good for you, if you don't like it's style then at least you can say you gave it a try. Personally, I wasn't a fan of this one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment