Friday 20 April 2012

Movie Hat-Trick

Mark and I came home today for Film Friday, we ended up watching two movies with the others, First I showed him The Purple Rose of Cairo as I was confident he would enjoy it and I certainly hope that was the case. Next we saw Matilda for the nostalgic lols, many moments were a subject of ridicule but we loved every minute of it. Around the same time time as Bruce Bogtrotter's infamous cake eating scene Louis came in with his Amazon order of 48 Cadbury caramel eggs which he bought in bulk; all I could do was laugh at his purchase.

After a couple rounds of Soul Caliber 2 everyone left and I had nothing to do in the evening, so I sat down with the family to watch Tokyo Story. Just a humble film about humanity and life in general, it's pace is very slow and I did feel myself nodding off at parts, not because it was boring but because it was like a lullaby. It provided some very poignant scenes about the role of someone within a family and made me think hard about my life in he grand scheme of things.  

No comments:

Post a Comment