Monday 14 April 2014

Dota 2 Reloaded

Got back home to Newbury late last night hugely regretting eating so many chocolate covered coffee beans and drinking espresso, it really, really didn't help me get to sleep last night. Despite the fact the clock chimed 2:45am, my brain was still in hyperdrive, contemplating the existence of toenails and how crap my German is.

Woke up refreshed if a little bit confused. Thought I could see Louis after getting up, went into his room but he wasn't there. Probably eating breakfast or something with Mum. Went downstairs, still no-one around and I started getting a little bit weirded out. It dawns on me that I haven't actually seen anybody in the house at all the whole time I've been here. Did I just sleep in an unknowingly empty house? I took my venture outside to find a very peculiar sight that makes me question if I'm still dreaming. I see Louis outside, wearing a dressing gown and crocs as he's putting up the laundry in the glowing sun.

I've never seen Louis putting up laundry before.

A few hours later, Louis and I do what we do best. Chill. Caught myself doing something I swore I would never do again, play Dota 2. Louis has been seriously getting into that game over the past few months and has repeatedly been asking me to join him. I tried once or twice and had a really bad time. But tonight, I actually had a really good time with him and his mates, destroying the team dynamic of the 'XVII clan.' The imaginary sound of them cursing our name in defeat will be my lullaby tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment