Wednesday 9 April 2014

Front Row

Happily rolled into uni today with my little five minute edit of our assessed fiction film. Did a fair bit of tweaking on it last night and I was very excited to hear the feedback from it. Mostly, it was very positive from my peers which was wonderful. Then my lecturer offered me a challenge: cut it down to 3 and a half minutes.

Challenge accepted. Got home, ruthlessly chopped and hacked away at the project and now we have something even better. Went out to the Buffalo Bar to celebrate and found myself, once again, in the front row on open mic night. I always feel awkward right at the front. Every time Jamie used to play in pubs back at home I was often a matter of feet away from him, yet people always assumed I was having a bad time because I looked bored. I am just one of those people who have an unfortunate 'default face.' Makes me look like I'm having a guided tour of a glue factory when in reality I am having a wonderful time.

Regardless of my expressions, tonight was especially awkward as it was a Spanish girls Birthday. She is a regular at open mic and invited all her friends. I was slap bang in the middle of a drunk Spanish fiesta for a very long time and I just had no idea how to act. Mostly I just smiled, I figured that was the best thing to do. If in doubt, offer your best smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment