Tuesday 1 April 2014

Humble Brag

I always unwittingly force myself into socially awkward situations at the end of uni. Everyone from my seminar groups just kinda disperse to catch the bus home and I end up following some of them, of course this also means I am going in completely the wrong direction to get home too, so when I do get around to saying my goodbyes I have to double back on myself. Yesterday this happened again, but with a strange twist. Someone just started following me home. I also remembered it was this persons Birthday.

They said they were just going to pop into Winton to get a coffee on their own. This distressed me as a human, even more so when they said they mentioned they hadn't been back to their home county in about 2 years and had subsequently spent some Birthdays alone. Not on my watch. I volunteered to take her out for coffee as a humble Birthday gesture!

Of course, this gesture would have been much more effective if I hadn't locked myself out of my house (and my wallet). I had to catch up with Lucy in town and ask her for some money which was a little embarrassing but sincerely appreciated. Now that I had some cash we headed to a decent looking coffee shop and camped out in there to make sure her special day was a little bit brighter.


No comments:

Post a Comment