Tuesday 31 March 2015

Eeklo Kids

Supported the Twin Town movement in Newbury again by helping Mum show a handful of Belgian school children around the many sites of our town. You got the library, the park, the town hall and the high-street. Basically 20 minutes stretched out into an hour but they were a good bunch and were asking a lot of friendly questions about the different points we stopped at. Best part was stopping by my old nursery school, Mum told them I used to go there when I was only a little munter and they all went 'aww'.

Turning into the town hall we were all treated to a big meal/buffet thing which was deliciously over-catered. As a result, I left with as much food as I could carry, it would have gone to waste otherwise was the rationale so I packed my bags full with gammon and cake! Tomorrow's lunch is going to be a doozey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment