Friday 15 December 2017

Quest for Christmas: Bailey's Hot Chocolate

It may come as a small surprise, but I'm not that big a fan of mulled wine. I enjoy drinking it, and if anyone offered me one I'd happly drink it, but I've never gone out of my way to buy one. It's always a little awkward at Christmas markets with friends, my friends always rush for the mulled wine, whereas I stick to beer at those things. Until last year that is where the Bristol Christmas market had a stand where they were offering not only mulled wine, but a little drink called Bailey's hot chocolate. It also helped that it was cheaper than mulled wine and that appealed to my inner miser.


Make yourself a regular cup of hot chocolate by stirring up the powder into a paste with a little milk, then gradually add in your steamed milk. After that, add a shot of Bailey's. Boom, game changed. It makes for an incredibly warming little drink, the kick of alcohol is ever so slight and it enhances the flavour of the base drink. Having one now takes me back to only last year, when Rebecca and I were first moving into Bristol together. It also marked our first proper Christmas period together, and this drink will always remind me of my first December out of uni in the big wide world.

And in case your mouth wasn't watering already with all this hot chocolate talk, then I have another treat for you. I'm currently editing a video for Pinkman's bakery to help me with an upcoming job application and I couldn't resist sharing this gif of a doughnut being given a finishing touch. I could watch this on loop forever.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment