Friday 1 December 2017

Quest for Christmas: Mince Pies

Starting things off simply, I put forward the humble mince pie. Outside of the obvious Christmas dinner, mince pies are the food that taste most like Christmas to me. It's a Durrant house rule that we should hold off eating them until December 1st, but we have been known on several occasions to break that rule. (Except Louis, he remains stalwart).


I've found they are best enjoyed with a tipple of advocatt on the side. (Never on top, tried that once and never again) I've been enjoying them like this on December 1st for many years, in fact, here's a picture I put on the blog of me enjoying the very same combo exactly 4 years ago.


Pardon the picture quality, looks like it was taken pre-internet. So I decided to remaster it and bring this touching post-dinner scene to 2017:





Same mug and all! 

If you haven't already, treat yourself to a pie – even you Louis! It's December 1st now so eat as many as you like. Just as well I get my fill of them now before I get bored of the flavour, but my fondness for them returns with a vengeance every year.



No comments:

Post a Comment