Monday 18 December 2017

Quest for Christmas: The Christmas Party

The work Christmas party is a bit of a comedy tradition, its seen in various sitcoms and movies as a place to pretend you like the office weirdos and get a bit drunk. Seeing as I've effectively been freelancing / unemployed for the vast majority of 2017 it meant the world to me to get an invitation to Colour TV's Christmas party. I got to meet up with all the familiar faces from my past shoots, the old sparks, AD's, costume and art directors, it was lovely to catch up with them all before the holidays and share a drink with them.

Highlight was chatting to a comedy writer I met on a job in early November. I was running to help out on her comedy pilot episode. She gave me a bit if advice I've heard echoed from various online sources, but actually hearing it in person made it resonate with me:

'If you want to write, then write.'

Moving into the new year, I think I want to focus on that more than anything else.


While I didn't get a shot of the party, I did go for a mooch around Southbank and saw this cute Christmas market, thought it made for a good photo.


No comments:

Post a Comment