Tuesday 5 December 2017

Quest for Christmas: Happy Christmas (War is Over)

Some years I say The Pogues, sometimes I say Wizzard, but deep down, I think John Lennon's may be my favourite Christmas song.


It also happens to be the first song on The Best Christmas Album in the World... Ever, which gets played every year at some point in the Durrant household, usually as we put up the tree. The song is really instant in it's ability to take me back to my childhood. After the very first line 'So this is Christmas' I'm transported back to a warm place that looks like our living room. Listening to it really forces me to stop and take in my surrounding and appreciate firstly all the little things that make Christmas so special, and secondly, how lucky it is that I have such a great and loving family to share it with.  

It makes me reflect on last year's Christmas, while making me look forward to the coming one. It's a gorgeous song that reminds us all that we can try to be better to one another each Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment