Wednesday 20 December 2017

Quest for Christmas: A Christmas Carol

I think the Muppets were the first way I was introduced to the classic Dickens novel A Christmas Carol. After of watching Gonzo recalling the story in a slightly tongue in cheek fashion, I thought it would be good to actually sit down and read the book. It's fascinating to read the beats of the story as it was actually written, I find myself continuously cross referencing the story with the various adaptations I've seen over the years. So far, the Muppets have been quite faithful to the book, but then again, I've only read the first chapter but I'm aiming to finish it tomorrow (it's a tiny book). Again, there's something about the story that is so inherantly 'Christmas'. I think it's the element of new beginnings around this time of year and the instinctive good nature that Christmas instills in people, I'm reminded of all those things even after reading the first few pages.


As a small side note, I released my next gaming video today too! It's a review for Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus, be warned, there is a fair amount of violence in the later sections of the video. I'm actually really pleased with how this one turned out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment