Wednesday 14 February 2018

Happy Valentines Day 2018! Food Special!

To love another you must learn to love yourself first. I took this thought to heart going into today and decided to give myself a small pampering session. It's been a while since I saw an afternoon film so I treated myself to a viewing of Babette Feast, which is perhaps second only to Big Night when it comes to exploring the spiritual significance of an excellent meal. There Babette was making partridge pies and caviar pancakes while I was tucking into marmite on toast and a penguin bar.

Prior to watching the film I also decided to make something a little special our Valentines Day evening since food is an excellent way to show your love. I wasn't around for Pancake Day yesterday so I opted to make some crepes along with some chocolate cover strawberries. Never had an excuse to learn how to temper chocolate until now and I'm jolly glad I gave it s shot because they came out amazing.


I had so much chocolate left I actually decided to coat some dried cranberries while I was at it too for a nice snack later on in the week.

Rebecca and I rounded off our 'Easy Valentines' with a viewing of Shakespeare in Love, a film I havn't seen in exactly 6 years today (I watched it last on my lonesome). It was a lovely one to revisit too and I'm glad I could share it with Rebecca this time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment