Thursday 13 September 2018

A Mouthful of Glass

Today felt like eating a mouthful of glass. Work was fine, but it very wildly fluctuated between a ghost town and a metropolis. It was just hard to keep busy and stay afloat at the same time.

Once I got back from work, I got stuck right in with some video and voice recording stuff for my collab video with another YouTuber. He wanted me to appear on camera, which is something I haven't really done until now. Turns out my phone shoots at a high quality, but I had to erect a very informal tripod using virtually every DVD and game case we had in the flat. End result was very serviceable so I jumped into the edit and noticed something a bit naff. After importing my footage into Premiere Pro, the picture and the audio somehow started to unsync, so what was meant to be a 15 minute job, turned into an hour job because I had to re-sync all the audio manually.

It got to about 8pm and I decided that I was quite hungry. Some pesto pasta with cheese sounded quick and easy. Boiled up my pasta, grabbed the pesto out the firdge, dropped the jar, jar smashes. Oh good. But only the corner of the jar broke, I figured I could still get some tasty, tasty pesto if I just scrapped it out carefully enough, hopefully I wouldn't get a mouthful of glass. First bite I took I felt a massive crunch. Binned it all immediately and had a dinner of spaghetti and cheese instead.

I just rolled with the punches and I treated myself to a bit of the chocolate Rebecca got me for my Birthday (which was incredible) and a little bit of games. There's always a silver lining if you just keep pushing through it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment