Monday 10 September 2018

Happy 25th Birthday Me!

25 years is quite a landmark. 'Quarter of a century' is the expression I heard being thrown around the most and in that context it does make me feel a little old. I reckon this is the first Birthday I've had where I actively feel like I've aged a bit, with any luck that maturity will transcend into goodness over the coming year.

Got a handful of gaming bits and pieces (as per) from my parents and Rebecca, along with a very nice jumper and a rather fetching headphone stand as presents. Really good haul this year, I started off this month with zero games to play, now I have too many!

Once Rebecca drove me back to Bristol we decided to get a nice takeaway lunch from a local burger place. Unfortunately, something went horribly wrong with the delivery since half our order was missing and our food was cold. Rebecca spent the next 20 minutes on the phone while I dashed down to the takeout place to pick up a replacement order - all was well in the end though.

After that I went out to see BlackkKlansmen, which was followed by a few drinks with friends at the pub. One of the more active Birthdays I've had in recent memory (Rebecca is still apologizing about the burger situation) but its turned out to be a really nice day. Thanks to everyone who wished me well or came out for a few drinks with me, you helped make this day feel very special.

No comments:

Post a Comment