Saturday 29 September 2018

Voice of Reason

I can now say that I have been trained at an official coffee academy. Spent the day getting paid to attend a training meeting where I was taught how to prep coffee and steam milk correctly. To a layman (myself included), making coffee really isn't that big a deal, but our trainer treated it as a matter of life and death. Good thing I nailed it all thanks to my years of service at Eddie Catz, I was basically teaching other people how to steam milk properly for half the time!

I went out to experience a real treat in the evening. One of Rebecca's friends was giving away a pair of VIP tickets to see Dara 'O Brain performing his new show 'Voice of Reason' at the Hippodrome for free. Who are we to say no to an offer like that? So after scoffing a complimentary drink in the executive lounge, we made our into the venue. I haven't belly laughed like that in a long time, the man is a natural born entertainer! Lucky we were out of range for the audience participation sections, but Dara has a real way with chatting to people during his set and pulling new material seemingly out of thin air. Really amazing show and I am so grateful to Rebecca's friend's parents for paying for our tickets - I certainly couldn't thank them enough afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment