Monday 24 September 2018

Everyman should go to an Everyman

Finally managed to cash in my free cinema voucher Mark, Lucy and Jenny got me for my Birthday last year. Rebecca and I went up to the Everyman cinema on White Ladies Road to enjoy a 20th anniversary screening of The Big Lebowski. I'd never been in an Everyman before, but it was pretty swanky. We're talking sofas instead of folding chairs, large theatrical ceilings and just really friendly staff - it was the perfect place to go and see one of my Coen favorites.

I even managed to sneak in a white Russian before the screening just to feel the vibe a bit more, it just felt right. Moreso than ever, I appreciated how the film paid homage to film noir, now that I've seen a few more Raymond Chandler adaptations I can see where the inspiration for the film's style and structure came from. Still found it outrageous funny too, seen it about 4 times now and I'm still picking up little tidbits that I missed that gave me even more reasons to love this film.

No comments:

Post a Comment