Wednesday 29 May 2019

Books Brighten Days

Getting up early to read is one of life's simple pleasures. This morning I got up about an hour earlier than I needed to just so I could read a few extra pages of The Cider House Rules. About this time last year I started A Prayer for Owen Meany and I didn't realise how much I missed John Irving's facility for language until I started reading more of his work. I'm already just under halfway through Cider House and I'm loving every moment of it, so much so that I carried that feeling throughout my day at work.

In other news, Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall walked up and down in front of our cafe a few times this afternoon. The BBC were doing a some filming for an anti-plastics project of his so they closed off most of the roads on North Street and which elicited several nosey onlookers (myself included) Sadly, he didn't come into the shop, I'm about due to pose with another celeb at work I reckon though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment