Sunday 5 May 2019

Bristol 10K 2019

Filled up on a massive bowl of porridge before meeting up with Dad and Louis for the Bristol 10K run. Just as we were about to set off I got the real sense that this was the thing that I'd been training for, since February I told myself that I was going to prep myself so I could run another 10K after my five year running hiatus. I went round the course with Louis since we were both aiming for a sub one hour time - it was the perfect day for a run too so we ended up smashing our goals and I finished with a time of 58:31.

The amount of support I got from friends and family has been hugely encouraging. Even the support of total strangers from work has been invaluable towards pushing me towards my goal of running another 10K. This time last year all I could do was watch in awe as Dad and Louis ran the race, I silently vowed there and then that I'd join them for the next one and I couldn't be prouder in myself for making that dream a reality.

Thank you everyone who showed their support, either verbally or via a donation. Your encouragement kept me going and I hope I did you all proud by finishing the race.


No comments:

Post a Comment