Monday 20 May 2019

Interrailling Day 10 - Before Sunrise

A stiff neck was the worst of my night train worries, we pulled into Vienna at 7am on the dot and I was already planning what I wanted to see in the city. Specifically I wanted to follow in the footsteps of the characters from Before Sunrise, I found a great blog about someone who mapped out all the spots the visited and decided to make a few stops to some of the more interesting destinations. The best of which being this monument towards the end of the film, think we got a near 1:1 likeness here too. It's one of my all time favourite movies and it was incredibly cool to stand in some of the same spots as the characters.




It rained all morning but that didn't stop us from touring most of the city, from the square to the river. In the afternoon we hopped on the metro to see Schonbrunn Palace and its gardens which were beautiful. Trekking up a hill in the gardens offered a near panoramic view of the whole city which was well worth seeing.


Just like in Before Sunrise, our time in Vienna was fleeting. Just over 24 hours to be exact since we'll be on a train to Ljubljana in the morning tomorrow. Despite the short stay I feel like we really made the most of the day, seeing plenty of sights and making best use of our time.

No comments:

Post a Comment