Sunday 26 May 2019

Interrailling Day 16 - Homecoming

Enjoyed the many delights of an all you can eat hotel breakfast to line my stomach for the busy travel day we had ahead. The final hours in Munich were spent guzzling down bottomless cups of coffee and checking under the bed to see if any socks went astray. Hopping on the S-Bahn we rode to the airport without drama and caught our flights back home without any fuss. Little sad to think that our last day away contained no big thrills, our one objective was to get home safe and sound. I did internally debate about getting 'one last beer' but the last thing I wanted was a hard drink before midday so I let it slide. Returning home felt like stepping into another Air B&B at first but the familiar bits of furniture slowly grounded me. First thing I did was get in my pajamas and sink into the sofa.

Some of the obvious highlights for me were Krakow's Contemporary Art Museum, too many restaurants to name here and Ljubljana in it's entirety. The one standout of the entire trip however was the chance to hang out with Rebecca and go on a fantastic adventure around Europe with her. By sharing all the food, drink, sights and culture of our destinations made the journey feel that much more special, I'm truly lucky to have someone to experience all that with.

Here's hoping they'll be many more adventures to be shared together in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment