Monday 27 May 2019

Terraforming Mark

Treated this Bank Holiday Monday as a 'day of rest', took the whole day very slow and aside from popping to the shops to get a nice breakfast I didn't really eave the house which was fine by me. I did get up rather early though so I could finish off a game I started one my recent travels so I could bookend the whole holiday appropriately.

I arranged to meet up with Mark for most of the day for a good old fashioned hang-out/catch-up session. He brought a nifty little co-op board game called Forbidden Island where Rebecca Mark and I all worked together to recover lost treasure before the island sunk, it was pretty refreshing to play a game where we all worked as a team and our collective puzzle solving prowess meant that we just barely won the game. I also handed over Mark's Birthday present from me and the boys, another board game for his collection: Terraforming Mars. (I endearingly covered the 'S' in Mars with a post-it note labelled 'K' for extra bro-points) he seemed chuffed to pieces with it - I already can't wait to get an opportunity to play it with him.

Rebecca and I are suffering from the Sunday blues and are both dreading the concept of going to work tomorrow. I've basically had 3 weeks off somehow and I'm a little anxious about diving back into the fray, with any luck I'll land on my feet like I usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment