Friday 24 May 2019

Interrailling Day 14 - Leaving Ljubljana

For our final day in Ljubljana we decided to take it super slow. After a leisurely breakfast we took a stroll along the canals and tiny shops along the old town, conscious of the fact we didn't have any physical souvenirs of our time away we went on the hunt for a tasteful keepsake. Luckily we found an adorable design shop where we spied some minimalist prints on postcards, we brought several with the intention of making a small collage once we get back home. I brought a small cup with an exposed granite exterior (not unlike the cups you get green tea in at Wagamamas) can't wait to try it out once I get back.


Otherwise we shifted down to first gear and just cruised through the day. Sat down for a nice coffee by the canal, visited the cathedral and sat and read for a bit in the city park. Spotted a Slovenian sausage and soup street food place for a hearty lunch and had a fine dining experience in the old town just before the weekend crowd begun to swamp the place. In our last few hours in the city we enjoyed the night time vibe of the streets, all the while a heavyness was brewing in my heart. I was already getting homesick for Ljubljana. Its been such a wonderful place to visit, after a few days the cobble streets felt like home and the residents my neighbours. Every time I drink from my trendy cup I'll look back fondly on the city that stole my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment