Monday 17 August 2020

All Gas, No Brakes

First day on the new job done and dusted. Like most 1st days, I spent it finding my feet and acclimatising to the office environment. There's a big push for COVID friendly protocols there, whenever you scoot away from your desk you gotta wear a facemask. Its the modern way of working alright.

 After lunch I was handed down the task of driving up to the old offices to get some bits and pieces. I think Mark spotted the flicker of fear in my eyes since this would mark the first time I'd ever driven a car by myself. But with Google Maps shouting directions at me, it actually turned out to be just fine. Stalled once at a busy junction but I recovered with some scraps of professionalism. I'm a long way off enjoying driving (the whole affair was quite sweaty) but I it wasn't as daunting as I made it out to be in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment