Thursday 6 August 2020

Toot Toot

I did something I haven't done in 13 months this morning: drive a car. I got insured on Rebecca's little Vauxhall and hopped into the drivers seat for the first time. Rebecca obviously sat next to me while I retrained my brain for the handling and steering and thankfully, it all came back to me. Even went down Winton highstreet in a car which is a horrific road even on a good day but it was pretty good. Looking forward to learning more now and getting more confidence.

After my little jaunt we all headed to Christchurch to meander through the estuary and gawk at the wild horses. Its a good soulful walk, I remember going there three years ago and being smitten with it, glad I got to show Rebecca round too. Once dinner was done we all gathered round for Dad's new board game Splendor. We all went in with trepidation, the rules were worryingly brief and it outwardly appeared complicated. 10 minutes in though we all got the hang of it and now we can't wait to play more.

No comments:

Post a Comment