Thursday 13 August 2020

Sayonara Coffee #1

Dove deep into a textual analysis for Sayonara Wild Hearts, the next game I'm doing a video on. Amidst my research I discovered that while 'Sayonara' is a colloquialism used in Japan, it's a word that's rarely used since it has such strong connotations with finality - it's a final farewell. Today I said sayonara to Coffee #1. Tomorrow is technically my last day on the payroll and tonight was my farewell drinks at a local pub. It was a bittersweet occasion, though it was sad to say goodbyes, everyone knew I was moving on to pastures green. 

Attached to my 'so long and good luck' card was a little poem I forgot I wrote. I silently planted it within a company notebook over a year ago, waiting for some unassuming reader to impart some meaning onto it. The page had been torn out and tucked into the card and it hit me harder than I care to admit. If you can bare to read my handwriting, I think you'll see why too:

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment