Monday 10 August 2020

How's the Mowin' Goin'?

Though Rebecca and I took this Monday off it felt like a full on working day. I sent out a few emails then we dashed out for an early morning shop. Shortly afterwards we drove just outside of Bristol to pick up a little lawnmower we bought second hand online. The early afternoon was spent putting it to good use. In the heat the garden had turned into a jungle, but now we were somewhat prepared to deal with it. That said, I'd forgotten just how tough pushing around a manual mower was, especially through near foot-long grass. By the time I trimmed it all down I was saturated in sweat, but the job' a good 'un.

Just after dinner Rebecca convinced me to go spend some time with the cat she's looking after this week since he's apparently 'lovely in every  way'. The rumours were true. Not only was this cat (who goes by George) extremely relaxed around people, he's also adorable. Clearly this visit was a not so subtle way to charm me towards a cat-owning lifestyle, though I'm not fully swayed, Rebecca's cause earned some points.

No comments:

Post a Comment