Sunday 23 August 2020

Distanced Jam

An old face popped round to visit this afternoon. Jamie was on his way into Wales but took the time out of his day to sit and chat with me and Rebecca at a social distance in our home. We laughed because last time we saw each other was literally the week before lockdown begun, when we all naively thought the virus would pass us by without affecting much. He's doing well for himself though, his course is all but complete and he's got an album coming out which I'm keen to listen to. Evenbif it was just a fleeting visit it was lovely to see him again, hopefully we'll be back to playing games on the sofa in no time at all.

That was the day's social highlight, the culinary peak was breakfast. Scrambled eggs with creme fraiche is what you want to wake up to every morning, especially when there's a bakery-freash pain au chocolat for 'breakfast pudding'. Grass was getting long again so I felt duty bound to deal with it, this time though I wanted to use some shears instead of a mower - the job was so much more pleasurable that way. Hope our lil' mower gets another shot in the sun, otherwise we may have to flog him off.

Been a while since I've had a 9 til 5 kinda job so the Sunday blues felt foreign to me. Had a really lovely weekend though, feel recharged now and ready to hit next week with all I got.

No comments:

Post a Comment