Tuesday 19 January 2021

Photoshop Loser

For some oddball reason, we held an impromptu Photoshop competition at work today. Whoever made the funniest picture (as selected by our director) would win a prize courtesy of the makeup team (they always have lots of goodies). What ensued was perhaps the greatest miscarriage of justice I've even been subject to. I had a hilarious idea which I was scrambling to get submitted, just as I was doing the final touches I got a phone call asking for an important email to get sent over. During that window, a colleague posted what was effectively my idea, we used the same movie reference and an identical reference picture, albeit a lower quality version. My thunder had been stolen a little bit but I saved face and jabbed back quickly with my own submission - in a side by side, mine would have been the clear winner... So when first prize was announce I was mortified to hear that colleague took the trophy. I'm not a bad loser at the best of times, but this really pushed my buttons - then I heard what the prize was I was beside myself with jealousy: A free haircut, compliments of the makeup department.

I haven't had a haircut since September and my shot at one was very literally snatched away from me. Spent the next 10 minutes stewing, I won't soon forget this incident. Every time I look in the mirror now I'll be reminded of this moment as I gaze upon my shaggy, shaggy hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment