Thursday 14 January 2021

The Skiff

Me and The Skiff clocked 400 miles today. I put my keys in the ignition at about 8am and parked him up for the night at 6pm - in between was pure driving. Along the way I probably hacked off a half dozen London drivers due to dodgy lane changes, in fairness Google Maps wasn't doing a stallar job in the city center. It took me down a narrow dead-end street at one point, The Skiff and I only wriggled free from there thanks to a kind hearted street food chap who gave me reversing aid. I also missed a junction at one point who h added a hefty 25 minutes onto my route. All in though, it was a fairly painless trip. I handed off all the good to our art department team who were delighted, so much so they gave a me a beer to enjoy when I slumped onto the sofa at home. Forgot how to walk when I got out the van, I'll wear those cramps as a badge of honour for my first long-haul trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment