Sunday 6 June 2021

Dump-Coaster!

8am feels early on a Sunday. Earlier still when you're bundled into a car to drive to the dump before the masses wake up, only to find thatthe masses all had the same idea and the queue is non the shorter. Almost one hour sat in the car to throw away some paint pots and an extractor fan, felt like I was in line for the most adult roller coaster of my late 20's.

Lunch was a much more 'Sunday' affair. Louis and Rachel invited us to the park for a picnic. This provided the perfect opportunity to give my new picnic blanket a test drive - it's superb. Coronation chicken sandwiches and jumbo scotch eggs were passed around and then we just played on the ground and chatted the day away. 

Once they left I begun the process of mentally preparing myself for my new job starting tomorrow. Its a feeling none of us really get used to, despite me doing it almost three times now in under a year. I've loaded up my bag with the essentials only - blank slate is always the best way to head into a new production. I'm a little nervous as this is easily the biggest team I'll be working with, but I'm oddly excited at the same time. Let's see how Monday goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment