Wednesday 2 June 2021

Farewell Malory Towers

Hunkered down at my desk and blitzed through the very last of my jobs on Malory Towers. Submitted my final petty cash form, polish my last spreadsheet and photoshopped one more person into the crew photo... Then as quickly as I started, I was done.

Where did those last few months go? It feels like only yesterday I was driving up to London for my first day in the office. I remeber so vividly sanitizing my hands on the tube, buying Tesco meal deals for lunch and gingerly trying to guage the personality of my co-workers. Funny old profession really, you work so hard in something for months, treating it like the be-all, end-all of everything, but once it's in the can, that's it. You just walk away. My work on Malory Towers is done. Tomorrow I'm going to have a cold beer at lunch and ponder my next gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment