Saturday 26 June 2021

Soaking up Stouts

Did our usual bout of 'adulting' this Saturday morning before diving head first into a days drinking session with an old work mate from Coffee #1. He scoped out an oddly trendy little beer place in our neck of the woods, I filled my 2/3rd glasses with potent IPA's, coffee stouts and ink black porters. The drunkenness only really hit me after I got home and crashed on the sofa - my whole world started spinning and I couldn't help but speak in a New Zealand accent.

Fortunately, the accent lost it's luster and I sobered up before speaking to Matt Winslow on a video call straight from sunny Toronto. He's finishing up the Canadian side of Malory Towers and it sounds like its all going well. We laughed about Matt Hancock disgracing himself and briefly reminisced about the UK side of the shoot. Though we spent basically 2 months living together, I already can't wait for the next time we get to see him in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment