Friday 5 November 2021

Bonfire Night 2021

Down a Base Runner today so I helped fill in the gaps. Mostly just put food orders in for the cast and crew and did some extra leg work - all while de-rigging our truck for the location swap. A lot of elements to juggle and I daresay I actually felt a little overwhelmed at one point. I'll chalk that up to the overly-hot heating and the overly-potent coffee playing with my senses. Took myself away for 2 minutes and came back ready to take on the world.

We wanted a little bit of Bonfire Night action so Louis, Rachel, Rebecca and I all went hunting for smoke and fireworks. We trudged for a while with nothing to show for it, until we unwittingly stumbled into a battlefield. Chaps were lighting fireworks only a few couple yards from us, the bangs were intense. Even better, another group in the school were popping off a few of their own fireworks just behind us. We kept looking over our shoulder to see who had the better display. What was almost a disaster night turned into an organic evening that couldn't have happened anywhere else except our nearby park.

No comments:

Post a Comment