Thursday 11 November 2021

Hot Choc Shock

 One of my now routine duties at work is making our director a flask of hot chocolate. The Base Runner and I have been doing this consistently for the last month and today,callsheet to spice it up. According to almost every recipe including chocolate written after 2015, the addition of a trace amount of coffee will boost the chocolate flavour. Naturally, this advice speaks to me (and in various cooking tests, it is true), so alongside the hot choc I brewed a pot if coffee and put a little over two tablespoons of coffee into the silky chocolate mixture. I sampled it before passing it on and I thought it was delicious.

An hour passes, and in passing I bumped into our director so I asked what she thought of her latest batch of hot choc, I was jolly proud of it after all and I wanted to bask in positive feedback. Instead, I was mortified to learn that she HATES coffee and could taste it lurking in the back of the flavour profile. We had a little joke about it but I just wanted to die when I found out. Won't be taking the initiative again until my ego has made a full recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment