Friday 26 November 2021

Slow Wave 'Goodbye'

Down a few team members so I stepped up to help the day run smoothly. Drinks for the cast, food orders for base, hot chocolates for the director - you name it, I'll sort it. On the periphery, we were all saying a near-tearful farewell to our very lovely 2nd AD. I realized that I'd virtually spent the entire of 2021 only a few desk spaces away from her, she was on Malory Towers with me and we both quickly jumped onto Sanditon afterwards. We leaned on each other through all the rough spots of each job, especially in the first few weeks. We exchanged wrap gifts and, funnily enough secret Santa gifts (though neither of us said, we both drew each other's names out if the hat). Feels like the job is winding down and the gang is slowly dispersing - feels like friends are going off to get married. That's the bittersweet curse of long jobs - you can't wait for them to end, but you never want to lose your teammates.

No comments:

Post a Comment