Sunday 21 November 2021

Keeping it Local

 Part two of our Totterdown exploration begun with a trip around Arno's Vale Cemetery, a spot Rebecca and I have always wanted to visit but lockdown etc made it very difficult. I've never seen such a wide spectrum of headstones and monuments, really unique and beautiful spot to walk around too. Next up was a lunch at the infamous Totterdown Canteen, a well loves brunch venue in the local area that's previously been too busy for our custom. Today we squeezed onto the last table and loaded up on salmon and hollandaise sauce while beaming from ear to ear. Mum was chuffed we kept the weekend so local, most of our money went back to the community which is one well worth supporting.

This afternoon was all about town center though. I organized a little work shindig with the other AD's and Unit Drivers. We went bowling, rode bumper cars at a nearby fun fair and ate a Mexican dinner to top the night off. An early start tomorrow morning loomed over all of us so we called it a night fairly early... I've just set my alarm for 5am so I can get into Wales in good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment