Sunday 14 November 2021

Crimbo Cake

Coffee and scrambled eggs - the classic Sunday combo. That lined my stomach for a bracing, if familiar, walk up to the SS Great Britain with Rebecca's parents. People are out and about again in town now, I forget just how little Covid means outside of my filming job where they take it so seriously. 

Since it was a smash hit last year, we once again geared up to make our Christmas cake. I was on fruit duty, zesting lemons and oranges to ensure a harmonious citrus balance within the cake. Every now and then while boiling it all down I got some in my fingers - a taste test couldn't be avoided by a mortal man and I'm already looking forward to sampling a slice of the final product. For now though, my kitchen smells of the holidays and that suits me just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment