Sunday 15 May 2022

Strong Second

Took our houseguests up and along North Street to buy baby toys of all things. One of our friends has relatives who just gave birth so it was an ideal excuse to go toy shopping in the weird and exciting world of children's stuff... Debateably I'm still a man child anyhow so it all appealed to me. 

Back home we prepped for Eurovision by sourcing pens from around the house and cooking dinner. I've been wanting to make a nacho platter for yonks now and now was the time. Even before it went into the oven I knew we were onto a winner - I even beckoned people into the kitchen just to look and sample some of it. When Louis and Rachel came round everything was served up, Eurovision came on and the UK did better than it ever had done within my lifetime. It was such a real rush to see us go so far up the charts, the energy was palpable in our living room and the goodwill was flowing. It felt right that Ukraine won tonight but living through a strong 2nd for the UK was like seeing Halley's Comet.

No comments:

Post a Comment