Wednesday 25 May 2022

Whimpering WiFi

Fought with the office wifi for every working hour of my day. Half an hour before quitting time it magically connected and I got to see exactly how many emails I missed out on... Which was zero. Because I'm making an exit by week's end they haven't saddles me with any major responsibilities outside of buying the Producers their lunch. That meant the first trip to my favourite Pret a Manger in 2022 (no one remembered me behind the counter but that's fair).

Went out for the last time in a while to the local board game night. Ticket to Ride was produced and I went into silent beast mode. Quietly I amassed points and hid my intentions but stormed up the leader board by the end, securing first place. I didn't let up how fast my heart was beating, but it was a thrill. Said my timely farewells to the owner there, 'see you in a few months time!' I'll be in Devon/Cornwall soon but when I return I'll certainly be back for more board game nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment